1. Hannah Tinti is a literary lyricist I can’t get enough of.
2. Not many authors can turn prose into poetry but Tinti pulls it off like there’s nothing to it.
3. Samuel Hawley is one of the truest characters I’ve read.
4. Hawley’s “hits” and jobs don’t feel like they’re coming from a trained professional, but from a guy relying on his common sense, and becomes a professional because of it.
5. Lily is the perfect love story for Hawley.
6. Lily’s touch is all over Hawley and Loo’s lives and Tinti pulled it off without feeling overbearing or cliché.
7. Loo goes on a transformative journey as she learns of her father’s past, how she fit in it, and what their future relationship will look like.
8. Loo’s own love story is still open to possibilities.
9. Marshall is the love story that Loo needed.
10. Marshall goes on his own transformative journey as his life intertwines with Loo’s.
11. Tinti is masterful at making every character we encounter essential to the story.
12. This story will live in my heart for a long time, and I know it will live in yours as well.
By: Emily Coleman